Of the famous mosques in Turkey. Located in the small Hagia Sophia district of Al Fateh district in the European section of Istanbul.
Built in 527 AD (536 AD) by the Byzantine Emperor Justinianus as a church called Sergios and Bacchus Kilisesi. After the Ottoman conquest of Istanbul and during the reign of Sultan Beyazid II, it was converted into a mosque by the director of the House of Happiness Hussein Agha, .
The mosque was built in the form of a dome-shaped square and consists of its stone wall and bricks. The mosque was exposed to an earthquake in 1648 and 1763 AD, and was restored in 1831, and in 1860 another damage was caused by the railway line passing from it.
It is believed that the minaret of the mosque, built in the Baroque style, was built in the second half of the 18th century. In 1936 the minaret was demolished for unknown reasons. The mosque remained without a minaret until a minaret was built in 1955. In 1938, a fountain with a double basin was also destroyed.